ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Velmurugan Periasamy <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hive Plugin on Hive Resource of url and Permissions of read and write on Ranger 0.7.0 version.
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:15:04 GMT
Hello:

URL resource is applicable for only S3.

I am adding Ranger dev list. Could you please post questions to dev@ranger.apache.org?

Thank you,
Velmurugan Periasamy

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 4:34 AM, lilisong(宋丽丽) <songlili@inspur.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,Eveyone!
>
>   I have some problems about Ranger Hive Plugin on Hive Resource of url and Permissions
of read and write on Ranger 0.7.0 version.

> At present,I use bigdata cluster in Ambari of HDP 2.6.1.0-129 (Ranger 0.7.0) , I'm seeing
(apparently new) URL Resource 、Read and Write permissions (see screenshot), But I cannot
find their counterpart in the documentation (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Hive+Commands+to+Ranger+Permission+Mapping
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Hive+Commands+to+Ranger+Permission+Mapping>).

> What is url resource for,will it replace hdfs permission read、write and execute? What
are these permissions for, will they replace select and update permissions? In addition,I
find Ranger-1513: Add Support for S3 authorization in Ranger Hive Plugin. HDP 2.6.1.0-129(Ranger
0.7.0) does not support URL Resource、Read and Write Permission?Only support S3?Now I uploaded
screenshots to attachments.