ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Madhan Neethiraj <mad...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ranger 2.1.0 release
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:37:08 GMT
Rangers,

Now that we have +1s from a number of Rangers, we can get started on Apache Ranger 2.1.0 release.

I volunteer to be the release-manager for this release and propose the following timeline:
   Aug-04, Tue: create ranger-2.1 branch from master
   Aug-11, Tue: ranger-2.1 branch goes into lockdown mode to prepare for 2.1.0 release
   Aug-18, Tue: release-candidate out for vote
   Aug-24, Mon: release 2.1.0

During lockdown period, only commits for release-blocker issues must be merged in ranger-2.1
branch. Master branch will remain open for all commits.

Please review and let me know your comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Madhan