rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Javascript unit tests
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 12:53:34 GMT
On 05/04/2011 12:59 AM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> I just added some Jasmine unit tests and the Jasmine maven plugin to
> execute them headlessly (via HTMLUnit).  I have heard good things about
> this framework and having built a couple of tests, I find it very easy to
> use.
>
> The plugin produces jUnit style reports in the target/jasmine/ directory.
> Can someone with administrator rights to the Jenkins build add that path
> to the jUnit report plugin configuration so that they will show up on the
> CI server?

I just tried and ran the build, but it failed :(
See error report on rave-commits@ #37

Seems like configuring this isn't trivial, or at least not something I
understand how to do.

I simply followed the instructions from [1] as much as possible, but its
possibly no exact match (anymore) for the current Jenkins setup.

I added a post-build action for "Publish testing tools result report",
configured a "Custom Tool" as there isn't a "Jasmin Tool" preconfigured and
specified file include pattern: "**/jasmine/TEST*.xml".
It also (and only) allows to configure a "custom stylesheet", so maybe something
is needed there?

For the time being I'll remove this post-build action again.

Ate

[1] https://github.com/searls/jasmine-maven-plugin#readme