rave-dev mailing list archives

From Raminderjeet Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feature List (from Proposal)
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 17:44:29 GMT
Ross, I agree with your comments. I just wanted us to start with roadmap and help new members
to contribute.

-Raman

On May 1, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

> Just a quick comment about "module being assigned to one team" and your acknowledgement
of the problems such an approach can bring. I'd suggest that "assignment" is the wrong way
around. It forces someone to tell someone else what to do - that's not how an ASF project
works. Everyone owns everything in an ASF project and everyone dives in where they feel most
able.

> I understand your concern about not knowing where to contribute. This can indeed be a
problem, especially for new communities or new members of a community.  However, I'd say that
you just indicated where you can contribute healthily.

> Perhaps getting these features into the issues tracker so we can start to develop a roadmap.
The we can encourage folk to contribute initial proposals or code as appropriate.

> Thanks for starting this constructive discussion - that's how a healthy ASF project works
- it's not really all that had ;-)

> Ross
>
> Sent from my mobile device.
>
> On 1 May 2011, at 15:20, Raminderjeet Singh <raminderjsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> As we have nice framework working and have done with most of the ground work. I think
its a good idea to visit the feature list  from Rave proposal [1] and have small discussion
on team/individual contributions. We can elaborate little bit more on these items (may be
just from our previous discussions) and have some key modules figured out. I understand the
impacts of module being assigned to one team but we can come up with some thing better. I
bought this as its my 1st apache project and its difficult for me to decide where to start
and contribute.

>> Core Features
>>
>> Advanced OpenSocial compliance and optional features support
>> OpenSocial persistence and SPI implementation
>> Self-service application administration including security, gadget management and
page templates
>> User and group management with full privacy model
>> Gadget repository with life-cycle management (install/update/remove) and extended
meta data (categories, comments, ratings, etc.)