rave-dev mailing list archives

From Raminderjeet Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Feature List (from Proposal)
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 14:20:19 GMT
Hi All

As we have nice framework working and have done with most of the ground work. I think its
a good idea to visit the feature list  from Rave proposal [1] and have small discussion on
team/individual contributions. We can elaborate little bit more on these items (may be just
from our previous discussions) and have some key modules figured out. I understand the impacts
of module being assigned to one team but we can come up with some thing better. I bought this
as its my 1st apache project and its difficult for me to decide where to start and contribute.

Core Features

Advanced OpenSocial compliance and optional features support
OpenSocial persistence and SPI implementation
Self-service application administration including security, gadget management and page templates
User and group management with full privacy model
Gadget repository with life-cycle management (install/update/remove) and extended meta data
(categories, comments, ratings, etc.)
Dynamic and highly customizable front-end engine (skins, pages, tabs, layouts, navigation)
Full OAuth support
Support for security restrictions on both Gadgets and page/tag/layout customizations
Set of common and general purpose Gadgets to be usable out-of-the-box
Support for inter-gadget messaging with examples
Extensible Features

Pluggable persistence
Pluggable security model with example modules for authentication and authorization
Support for OpenSocial extensions not (yet) defined in the specification
Support for other (non-standard, yet) pluggable container services and extensions
[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RaveProposal

Thank
Raminder