rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Feature List (from Proposal)
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 16:26:05 GMT
I have created a few Epics that I think encompass most of the very
high-level features from the proposal that we would like to see for a
first release.  I propose the following structure for managing our issues
in JIRA:

1) Highest level feature definitions are Epics (like OpenSocial container
compliance)
2) Lower-level features are created as Stories and linked to the
appropriate Epic (Like Render OpenSocial Gadgets on Page)
3) Anything required to make the Story go (persistence, model definition,
services, etc) are defined as subtasks of the Story

I would also like to suggest that we begin using the Stories/Sub-tasks to
track all work being done.  You can reference the JIRA # in the commit so
that it will auto-tie to the issue.  In my mind, this looks something like
identifying a story, or task, that you want to work on; creating it if it
does not exist in JIRA; assigning it to yourself and letting the list know
what you plan on doing; assume lazy consensus and do the work;  commit
with the JIRA # and finally letting the list know that you are done.

Thoughts?