rave-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wookie and Rave integration using maven
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:02:19 GMT
On 14 Nov 2011, at 18:13, Paul Sharples wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a quick heads up to let you know about a new WAR artifact I've uploaded to the
snapshot repo here...

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/wookie/wookie/0.9.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT/wookie-0.9.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT.war
>
> This is a self contained version of wookie and runs a Derby DB as its backend.
>
> How to get this working with RAVE automatically.
>
> You add this to rave-portal/pom.xml:
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.wookie</groupId>
> <artifactId>wookie</artifactId>
> <version>0.9.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
> <type>war</type>
> </dependency>
>
> And then in the cargo section:
>
> <deployable>
> <groupId>org.apache.wookie</groupId>
> <artifactId>wookie</artifactId>
> <type>war</type>
> <properties>
> <context>/wookie</context>
> </properties>
> </deployable>
>
> Once tomcat has started, you should be able to access Wookie at http://localhost:8080/wookie.

Thanks Paul, I tried it on my setup and it works!

It would be good to pull the widgets already installed in Wookie directly into the Rave DB
for demoing, but not sure how that fits with Rave's model. Maybe add something to the widget
store view for browsing and adding a widget from the connected Wookie server and getting the
metadata automatically, rather than filling in the form? Or add an admin function to import/sync
all widgets from Wookie in one batch?

> Note: For the tomcat instance, you may wish to also update the conf/tomcat-users.xml
file and add the wookie admin credentials. (so you can also login to wookie as the admin)