rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject UX/UI changes
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:59:06 GMT
I'm working on making (small) UX/UI changes in the portal. Some have to do
with a better flow (we have some streets with a dead end), others make it
easier to create a mobile view with just CSS.

Some of the changes:
- adding a widget from the detail view in the shop will result in a
redirect to the page with the widget
- adding a widget in the list view in the shop will replace the add button
by the feedback that the widget has been added (no more pop up)
- the black header will no longer have a fixed height
- the widget information has only 2 columns
  - left: thumbnail + add to page
  - centre/right: title, author, description (in the overview only the
first x characters), rating (+ comments in the detail view)
  - in the mobile view the "left" column is rendered below the
"centre/right"
- widget comments (on widget detail page)
  - more space between comments
  - comments are ordered by date _descending_
  - formatting the date using the user locale
  - change the comment text from simple text to @Lob (user gets an error
now if the comment exceeds 255 chars)
- enlarge the area a user can click in paging

You can see some of the screenshots in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-362

It's still work in progress and feedback is more than welcome.

Jasha