rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Does New Account needs more fields to be filled in by a new user?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:58:52 GMT
On 16 November 2011 21:51, Ankur Goyal <asgoyal@umail.iu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the new account page needs to have more fields to be
> filled in by the new user such as:-
>
> Given Name
> Display Name
> Family Name
> Preferred Name
>
> As I was going through the updates, I noticed that in person.java there are
> many fields which are not being populated in initial_data.sql. Also there
> is a ticket Rave-357 which states to let the user page to show the display
> name instead of the username. So when I navigated to create new account, I
> did not find the above mentioned text fields to be filled in.
>
> Regards,
> Ankur Goyal

We can add more fields to be populated from the new user form but don't
make them mandatory. In case of automatic provisioning only a few fields
may be available.
Thanks for the patch btw (haven't looked at the code yet but I'm happy you
picked it up).

Jasha Joachimsthal

Europe - Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam - +31(0)20 522 4466
US - Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 - +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)

www.onehippo.com