rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Apache Rave 0.5-incubating Release Candidate
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:00:21 GMT
On 1 November 2011 14:50, Marlon Pierce <mpierce@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> I was able to download and run the svn tagged version, source release, and
> the .tar.gz and .zip demo artifacts correctly.  However, there seems to be
> a bug if I try to add a new gadget with the same URL twice.   That is, I
> tried adding http://www.google.com/ig/modules/builtin_weather.xml with
> two different names. The first time worked correctly (or at least is
> waiting on admin approval). The second time produced an error ("Rave has
> suffered a brief meltdown").  I won't put the stack trace here.

The widget URL is unique to prevent duplicates. Until recently the user saw
a message in the add widget form that the widget already exists in the
database. We need to find out why the error page is shown now.

> Some other (probably non-blocking) issues:
>
> * We need an obvious way to get to the admin interface from the front page
> or from the canonical user (or any other admin) account.

More than that: we need to work out how the menu should behave. Now we
build up the menu per JSP with items that may or may not be there.

> * If I approve a widget (change "preview" to "publish"), the form action
> should take me back to the widgets list or at least let me know if the
> action was successful or not.

Sorry, I haven't added any feedback yet in the admin interface. If the
action was successful, you are now redirected back to the form.

> * If I rate a widget, I can go to +2 or -2 rather than +1 or -1.

That's probably a display issue until you refresh the page. After the vote,
the number is updated client side until you refresh the page and you get
the real value from the server.