rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Portal preferences set by admin
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:21:13 GMT
I've seen Spring HandlerInterceptor's used in the past for this sort of thing and it's worked
out pretty well:

http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/current/spring-framework-reference/html/mvc.html#mvc-handlermapping-interceptor

More specifically -- I've seen a class extending HandlerInterceptorAdapter registered with
the DefaultAnnotationHandlerMapping to add common objects to the ModelAndView in the HandlerInterceptorAdapter.postHandle(...)
method.

Tony was actually the one who implemented the specific case I'm thinking of for our internal
portal -- maybe he could comment further if there are questions on it.

--Jesse