rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 0.8-incubating release: LICENSE and NOTICE requirements
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:06:05 GMT
On 02/02/2012 04:50 AM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:

> On 2/1/12 12:24 PM, "Ate Douma"<ate@douma.nu>  wrote:
>
>> On 02/01/2012 05:45 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
>>> <snip />

LICENSE)

>>> I have gone through every jar in rave-portal and checked licenses&
>>> NOTICE entries.  I am going to call it done unless anyone finds
>>> something I didn't.
>>>
>>> Assuming lazy consensus, we make the recent changes to the combined
>>> LICENSE&   NOTICE files in the binary release this evening/tomorrow.
>>
>> Great Matt.
>>
>> I've not had time to review the final result, but I can and will do so
>> later
>> this evening. So if you can hold off until then, I'd appreciate it :)
>
> Ate and I found a few more changes, but we think we have the rave-shindig
> &  rave-portal L&N ironed out.  I took a first pass at a merge between the
> two for the binary dist and have committed that back for review.  The last
> piece of the puzzle is to add any licenses or notices that tomcat or other
> software in the dist have.
>
>  From what I can tell, tomcat only has 1 EPL jar, the rest is all ASL.  I
> will add the license&  notice tomorrow.

Yup, I checked it myself and it looks like the only thing extra needed (which
got lost since the merge, so need to be brought back in) is a notice for:

   Java compilation software for JSP pages is provided by Eclipse,
   which is open source software.  The original software and
   related information is available at
   http://www.eclipse.org.

and indicating the EPL 1.0 license, which we already have appended to LICENSE,
also applies "For the Eclipse JDT Java compiler".

Ate