rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Update/Add a Library
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 08:57:42 GMT
On 02/08/2012 05:26 AM, Raminderjeet Singh wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> If i update a version of a jar do in need to update any License or Notice file (like
i updated commons validator to 1.4.0)? Its good to know what need to be done incase a new
Library is added?

Good point to raise Raminder.
AFAIK for this specific update you probably don't need to do anything although I
haven't fully checked yet, especially not if this update might cause new
transitive dependencies (or updated thereof) to be pulled in for the binary
(aggregated) artifacts. But I don't think so.

Instead of trying to write down and explain the 'rules' and guidelines right now
in email, I've created a new JIRA task RAVE-455 to create a documentation page
for this purpose as this is something every developer (committer) needs to be
aware of, and should be easy to find and maintain/update if need be.

It'll take a few days before I have time for this tough. There is much to say
about it but I'd like to make it as easy as possible to use or 'execute' (steps
to perform).

Regards, Ate