rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1242283 - in /incubator/rave/donations/surfconext-portal/coin-portal/trunk: NOTICE coin-portal-war/NOTICE.txt
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:06:45 GMT
On 02/09/2012 01:50 PM, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Ate,
>
>> Just want to check that the NOTICE you've just added *as a whole* is legally
>> needed/required by SURFnet.
>>
>> Note that the AS 2.0 License section 4d) requires downstream users (like Apache
>> Rave and users thereof) to fully preserve this full NOTICE if/when we ever want
>> to reuse (portion of) this donation.
>>
>> My question is: would this be true for the below NOTICE text *as a whole*
>> (legally), or maybe only be needed for the first sentence?
>
> It is indeed our intention that this notice (including the third
> paragraph) is fully preserved if (parts of) our code are ever reused in
> RAVE (or any other project). I hope this doesn't lead to any problems,
> or any reluctance to reuse the code.
> If it does, we need to see if we can work anything out, but for now this
> is a requirement that my employer (i.e. SURFnet) imposes for these kinds
> of code releases.

Hi Bas,

No, it is no problem you require this, that is of course up to SURFnet to
decide. I just wanted to make sure this was fully understood :)

And this poses no limitation at all for reuse. Either way, some notice for the
SURFnet donation was expected to be required. More or less doesn't really matter
from a re-usability perspective.

Thanks, Ate