rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlucci, Tony" <acarlu...@mitre.org>
Subject [WORKAROUND] RE: Problems overriding rave host configuration
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:41:30 GMT
Hello,

Until we can figure out what's going on with the Shindig code, here is a workaround that should
allow you to access the code using a different host/port.  I just performed the following
steps and it seemed to work ok:

1) checkout the source from trunk

2) edit: rave-portal-resources\src\main\resources\portal.properties
   - change the portal.opensocial_engine.root property to your host:port

3) edit: rave-shindig\src\main\resources\rave.shindig.properties
   - change shindig.host and shindig.port to your host and port

4) from the top project directory execute:
mvn clean install

5) cd rave-portal

6) if you are behind a proxy, you'll need to add your proxy settings to the rave-portal pom.xml
file, specifically the cargo.jvmargs CDATA section:

<![CDATA[-Dhttp.proxyHost="myproxyserver.com" -Dhttp.proxyPort=80 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts="*.mydomain.org|127.0.0.1|localhost"
-Dh2.bindAddress="localhost" -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=${cargo.debug.address},server=y,suspend=${cargo.debug.suspend}
-noverify ${javaagent} ${cargo.args}]]>

6) mvn cargo:start

That should get you up and running to use Rave on a hostname other than "localhost".

Carl, if you need help setting up the MITRE proxy PM me.

Tony

---
Anthony Carlucci | SW App Dev Eng, Sr. | R501 / KW App Development & Maint
e: acarlucci@mitre.org | v: 781.271.2432 | f: 781.271.3299
The MITRE Corporation | 202 Burlington Rd | Bedford, MA 01730-1420