rave-dev mailing list archives

From Raminderjeet Singh <raminderjsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update/Add a Library
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:30:16 GMT
Thanks Ate, Take your time.

On Feb 8, 2012, at 3:57 AM, Ate Douma wrote:

> On 02/08/2012 05:26 AM, Raminderjeet Singh wrote:
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> If i update a version of a jar do in need to update any License or Notice file (like
i updated commons validator to 1.4.0)? Its good to know what need to be done incase a new
Library is added?

> Good point to raise Raminder.
> AFAIK for this specific update you probably don't need to do anything although I haven't
fully checked yet, especially not if this update might cause new transitive dependencies (or
updated thereof) to be pulled in for the binary (aggregated) artifacts. But I don't think
so.

> Instead of trying to write down and explain the 'rules' and guidelines right now in email,
I've created a new JIRA task RAVE-455 to create a documentation page for this purpose as this
is something every developer (committer) needs to be aware of, and should be easy to find
and maintain/update if need be.

> It'll take a few days before I have time for this tough. There is much to say about it
but I'd like to make it as easy as possible to use or 'execute' (steps to perform).