rave-dev mailing list archives

From "Franklin, Matthew B." <mfrank...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.10 Release Candidate
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:28:49 GMT

We were trying to spin up both new RMs with what I normally would have done as a single release
candidate.  However, it is a very bad policy to depend on a release currently in VOTE.  I
agree we should have waited for rave-master to complete.

>b) Issue RAVE-553 just reported by Jasha and also confirmed by myself makes
>the

I don't think we can release with this big of an issue.

>release useless for all practical use-cases and most certainly should have been
>easily tested/found before the release. We should look into improving our
>quality assurance and add some minimal but sensible (interaction) testing plan
>which should pass before we cut a release candidate because this is quite
>annoying.

I agree we need to formalize (and automate) what we can.  I normally go through the major
functionality quickly before spinning up a release candidate, but I didn't coach either new
RM to do the same.