rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Hilker <hilke...@gmail.com>
Subject Default tomcat6x timeout too low?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:41:33 GMT
Hi All,

While helping set up a local instance of rave on one of my co-workers
machines, we ran into an issue where using mvn cargo:start was taking
longer than 3 minutes, the default timeout, and thus failing.

The fix was simple enough, as we just up'ed the timeout period, and as
such, he successfully deployed rave in approximately 4.5 minutes.

However this raises the question of if a preemptive fix for other new users
should be added to the rave codebase, upping the default timeout period to
5 minutes, or even higher?  I'm sure there will be other users with slower
than average machines attempting to deploy rave.

rave-portal/pom.xml line 195: <timeout>180000</timeout>

Thanks,

Jacob Hilker