rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF Rest + WS Data Model
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:12:38 GMT
On 22 March 2013 17:13, Chris Geer <chris@cxtsoftware.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Matt Franklin <m.ben.franklin@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, March 21, 2013, Chris Geer wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Matt Franklin <
> m.ben.franklin@gmail.com
> > <javascript:;>

> > <javascript:;>>
> services
> > > change
> > > between
> > > data
> and
> > we

> want
> the
> > > old
> branch
> > > and

> > > Incrementally is the challenge since things are so intertwined. I don't
> > > mind doing it without review, just more of a heads up that all the
> model
> > > interfaces are moving to a new module/package.
> >

> > +1 for the move
> >

> Change is checked in. I've tested to the best of my ability but please let
> me know if you find issues and I'll fix them.

Great work!

When I started the portal I saw the following warning
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] INFO:
validateJarFile(~/rave-project/rave-portal/target/tomcat6x/webapps/portal/WEB-INF/lib/geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Apparently the org.apache.cxf:cxf-bundle-jaxrs includes following
(unwanted) dependencies:

[INFO] |  +- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-server:jar:8.1.7.v20120910:compile
[INFO] |  +-
org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-continuation:jar:8.1.7.v20120910:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-http:jar:8.1.7.v20120910:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-io:jar:8.1.7.v20120910:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-util:jar:8.1.7.v20120910:compile
[INFO] |  +- org.eclipse.jetty:jetty-security:jar:8.1.7.v20120910:compile
[INFO] |  +-
org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec:jar:1.0:compile

Is there an alternative cxf jar that offers the same functionality but
without the jetty and servlet jar?

Jasha