rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Rave Package Structure
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2013 03:10:49 GMT
As we start the process of creating the new rest api separate from the
portal I wanted to ask about the current package structure. We have some
basic classes in the org.apache.rave package (rave-commons) but the vast
majority of the code resides in org.apache.rave.portal and it's
sub-packages. Since the current plan is to have a core module and a
separate portal module would anyone object to creating/moving the items
required for the core module into the org.apache.rave package and
sub-packages and save org.apache.rave.portal for the portal module? Another
alternative would be org.apache.rave.core.

An example of the changes would be:
 - org.apache.rave.portal.model would move to org.apache.rave.model
 - org.apache.rave.portal.service would move to org.apache.rave.service

We may also want to change rave-core to rave-core-api and move the default
implementations to rave-core-impl to get a complete separation of api/impl.

Chris