rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject Public Data Model
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:30:23 GMT
As I've been working on this new web service layer it's becoming clearer
that we need to separate our public model from our private model since we
need to control serialization/deserialzation. A great example of this is
the User password field. It's needed internally but should never be sent
externally. The challenge we have right now is it's up to the persistence
provider to annotate their objects with the proper serialization data
(JAXB/JSON) so each provider could serialize/deserialize differently. There
is also a challenge of deserializing into the right object type.

My suggestion is we create a separate model that is used for the web
services that can be converted to the correct backend datatype. There is
probably some ways to use inheritance and stuff to simplify this but I'll
have to play and see what works. We'll also have to move away from the
Spring OXM marshaling approach since that only works with Spring Web/MVC
not JAX-RS.

Does anyone have any concerns about this?

Chris