rave-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>
Subject CXF Rest + WS Data Model
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:32:36 GMT
I've done a first cut at adding some new CXF based REST web services which
use a different data model and uploaded a patch to the ticket [1]. I tried
to upload to Review Board but it was too big I think. The biggest change is
I had to relocate all the model interfaces from
rave-core/org.apache.rave.portal.model ->
rave-core-api/org.apache.rave.model. We would have to had do
it eventually but I needed to do it now to build the conversions between
the models. One nice thing is that the web services support partial data
objects so we can limit fields on retrieval for security reasons and we can
accept partial updates.

At this point I'd like to commit this small step because I don't want to
get into a situation where the model is being changes in trunk in the old
location and by me in the new location which will cause major merge issues.
If there are any objections I can move all these changes to a branch and we
can deal with the merge issues later.

Chris

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-910