rave-dev mailing list archives

From Gustavo Monarin <gustavomona...@gmail.com>
Subject opensocial makeRequest time out
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 20:44:24 GMT
Hi all,

I have been running apache rave in a custom portal and i am experiencing
some time-out problems with shindig using gadgets.io.makeRequest.

In the logs there is the following warning:

Dec 01, 2013 9:33:11 PM org.apache.shindig.gadgets.http.BasicHttpFetcher
fetch
INFO: http://localhost:8080 .....  has timed out because of the following
exception: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.http.BasicHttpFetcher - Read timed
out - 5,008 ms.

This happens when a widget tries to request a report in another context in
the same container. In the logs you can see that the report is still being
processed.

I already change the rave.shindig.properties related to the BasicHttpFecher
to 30s but still gets the 5s timeout:
# Configuration for the HttpFetcher
# Connection timeout, in milliseconds, for requests.
shindig.http.client.connection-timeout-ms=30000

I have ensured that the properties file is being used by changing the
datasource name to an invalid name and checked the exceptions.

Any suggestions?

Should i post it directly in the shindig project ?

Thanks in advance.

--

Gustavo Monarin de Sousa