samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] First Apache release
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 22:21:36 GMT

> Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <mailto:gdfm@apache.org>
> April 27, 2015 at 1:10
> Hi,
>
> I think the time is ripe for us to cut the first Apache release.
> Apart from a few fixes, I would like to include the new Flink integration.
> If you would like something else to be included, this is the right place.
>
> I volunteer to be the release manager for this round.
>
> I have a few questions on the prerequisites for the release that maybe our
> mentors might answer:
>
> 1) Do we need to fix the namespace of the source to an org.apache.* one?
You don't have to, but in my opinion this is great opportunity to do
it.  After a release it's harder because you'll (hopefully) have users
that don't want you to change it.  I realize you may already have users
who don't want the change, but moving to Apache is a natural boundary
that makes it easier to get the change done.
> 2) Do we need to change the artifacts produced to be apache compliant?
In what way?  The licensing, code grants, etc. certainly need to be
dealt with.
> 3) Is there a guide to help cutting the release?
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Alan.