samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Biplob Biswas <biplob_bis...@mailbox.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Running Clustream on top of Flink
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 10:19:14 GMT
Hi,

I am very new to the samoa systems and wanted to run the clustream
algorithm on top of Flink and understand its working. Also, I am forced to
post this on the dev mailing list as there is no user mailing list
presently available for samoa.

I started by compiling samoa on the local mode and running the clustream
example given on this following page:
https://samoa.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Distributed-Stream-Clustering.html

And it ran without any errors, athough I couldnt really interpretthe
results properly.

Next, I compiled samoa for flink and that passed but when i tried running
the same clustream algorithm on top of samoa it fails continuously, stating
"Lost connection to the job manager". I tried it on my local machine and on
the cluster we have at TUB as well, but the results are the same.

Can anyone please help me run Clustream on top of flink and explain how it
works on top of flink architechture?

I tried searching for documentation but I couldn't find almost anything
related to flink. Any pointers in that direction would be great as well.

Thanks and Regards
Biplob Biswas