samoa-dev mailing list archives

From Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <g...@acm.org>
Subject Draft Incubator report September 2017
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 09:15:15 GMT
Hi,

Here is the draft for the Incubator report.
Let me know if there are any corrections you would like to make.

--------------------SAMOASAMOA provides a collection of distributed
streaming algorithms for the mostcommon data mining and machine
learning tasks such as classification,clustering, and regression, as
well as programming abstractions to develop newalgorithms that run on
top of distributed stream processing engines (DSPEs).It features a
pluggable architecture that allows it to run on several DSPEssuch as
Apache Storm, Apache Flink, and Apache Samza.SAMOA has been incubating
since 2014-12-15.Three most important issues to address in the move
towards graduation:  1. Elect new PPMC members  2. Enlarge the
community  3.Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board
wish/need to beaware of? NoneHow has the community developed since the
last report? Mailing list activity (June 2017 - August 2017):
  * @dev: 120 messages

 Jira issues backlog (June 2017 - August 2017):
  * Created:  4
  * Resolved: 5

 We saw the engagement of new contributors, who we are thinking to
invite to the PPMC.How has the project developed since the last
report? * Planning a new release in the next month. Work on the
release was delayed due to summer holidays for most of the
contributors.

 * Integrated Apache Kafka support and support for JSON and Avro.

 * Developed a new Boosting algorithm that will be integrated shortly.

 * Integrated new version of the SAMOA instances.

 * Integrated ability to store predictions on disk.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?Please feel free to add
your own commentary.  [ ] Initial setup  [ ] Working towards first
release  [X] Community building  [ ] Nearing graduation  [ ]
Other:Date of last release: 2016-09-30When were the last committers or
PPMC members elected? None

Cheers,
-- Gianmarco