samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jordi Blasi Uribarri <jbl...@nextel.es>
Subject Relaunching init
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 09:45:56 GMT
Hi,

Is there a way of forcing the init of a job being rerun without killing the job and restarting
it?

I have some configurations loaded in a job that are obtained in the public void init(Config
config, TaskContext context) function. When the configuration changes and I need it to be
reaplied the only way I find is to completely kill the job and start it. This is a process
that takes quite a long. I don’t really know why but until I have the messages flowing again
I can stay for several minutes waiting.

Is there a way to do this in any other way? I am thinking of some kind of kill –HUP like
in BIND servers (ok, I had a time as sysadmin ☺ ) or maybe a way of programmatically calling
a running job to reload.

Thanks ,

  Jordi
Jordi Blasi Uribarri