spark-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Keeping users mailing list with Google groups
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 04:50:18 GMT
Hey Guys,

I replied to Matei  about this -- as far as the ASF is concerned, if
it didn't happen on the *ASF* mailing list for the project, then it
didn't happen and thus isn't a decision that binds the project, or that
is defensible from a community perspective.

So let's get that out of the way to start :) Now, beyond that, if folks
prefer to post through Google Groups or use its interface, is it possible
to simply make Google Groups postings to user@spark appear on user@spark?
I would start there (ignore the dev list for now; we need to demonstrate
this
works first on user@ and if it does and doesn't have negative side effects,
then we should try it on dev@). Also I think that the Spark PPMC needs to
set a precedent and ensure that the traffic for the mailing list gets to
the mailing list, and encourage folks that the gold source is @ the ASF.

In short, if there is a way to treat Google Groups as a "client" of the
canonical mail source/"server" at the ASF, then that's OK by me, so long
as the discussion appears here on this list and can be replied to and kept
in context here at the ASF.

Cheers,
Chris