spark-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Konwinski <andykonwin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: Spark mailing lists moving to Apache by September 1st
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 00:23:20 GMT
Unfortunately, I don't see that as an option for either these nabble lists
or the google groups.

For the google groups, we we could subscribe the old spark google groups to
the apache lists (instead of using the new mirror groups I created).

However the tradeoff is that as far as I can tell, we wouldn't be able to
have posting disabled or even subscriber only for those groups (since the
emails from the apache lists would then get bounced). In this case, I'm
concerned that if it remains possible to post to the google groups, then
people will continue posting to them, which would be confusing to everybody.

We could rename the old groups to make it clear they are the mirrors,
however then the people who are subscribed to them and have rules setup for
dealing with them would have to change their rules.

Finally, we could unsubscribe everybody from the old google groups and then
rename them to have the word mirror in them which would preserve history
and be no worse than if they just became silent and activity moved to the
new mirror groups i created (which as I mentioned, must allow posting by
anybody). So I guess this last option is what I propose we do.

Andy