spark-dev mailing list archives

From Han JU <ju.han.fe...@gmail.com>
Subject [EC2] r3 instance type
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 13:16:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm modifying the ec2 script for the new r3 instance support, but there's a
problem with the instance storage.

For example, `r3.large` has a single 32GB SSD disk, the problem is that
it's a SSD with TRIM technology and is not automatically formatted and
mounted, `lsblk` gives me this after ec2_script's setup:

xvda    202:0    0   8G  0 disk
└─xvda1 202:1    0   8G  0 part /
xvdb    202:16   0  30G  0 disk

I think there's some workarounds of this problem, for example we could
treat it like an EBS device and check `/dev/xvdb` by using `blkid`, howver
this needs modifying the deployment script inside the AMI and I don't know
if it's the preferred way .

Some ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
--