spark-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Gonzalez <zlgonza...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Buidling spark in Eclipse Kepler
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 02:22:49 GMT
Ok I'll give it a little more time, and if I can't get it going, I'll switch. I am indeed a
little disappointed in the Scala IDE plugin for Eclipse so I think switching to IntelliJ might
be my best bet.

Thanks,
Ron

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 6, 2014, at 1:43 PM, Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> I think your best bet by far is to consume the Maven build as-is from
> within Eclipse. I wouldn't try to export a project config from the
> build as there is plenty to get lost in translation.
>
> Certainly this works well with IntelliJ, and by the by, if you have a
> choice, I would strongly recommend IntelliJ over Eclipse for working
> with Maven and Scala.
>
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Ron Gonzalez
> <zlgonzalez@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  I'm trying to get the apache spark trunk compiling in my Eclipse, but I can't seem
to get it going. In particular, I've tried sbt/sbt eclipse, but it doesn't seem to create
the eclipse pieces for yarn and other projects. Doing mvn eclipse:eclipse on yarn seems to
fail as well as sbt/sbt eclipse just for yarn fails. Is there some documentation available
for eclipse? I've gone through the ones on the site, but to no avail.