spark-dev mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.2.0 (RC1)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:30:13 GMT
+0.9 from me. Tested it on Mac and Windows (someone has to do it) and while things work, I
noticed a few recent scripts don't have Windows equivalents, namely https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4683
and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4684. The first one at least would be good
to fix if we do another RC. Not blocking the release but useful to fix in docs is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4685.

Matei

> On Dec 1, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Josh Rosen <rosenville@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> There’s an open bug report related to Spark standalone which could be a potential release-blocker
(pending investigation / a bug fix): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4498.  This
issue seems non-deterministc and only affects long-running Spark standalone deployments, so
it may be hard to reproduce.  I’m going to work on a patch to add additional logging in
order to help with debugging.

> I just wanted to give an early head’s up about this issue and to get more eyes on it
in case anyone else has run into it or wants to help with debugging.