spark-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Baretta <alexbare...@gmail.com>
Subject Where are the docs for the SparkSQL DataTypes?
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 22:37:25 GMT
Michael & other Spark SQL junkies,

As I read through the Spark API docs, in particular those for the
org.apache.spark.sql package, I can't seem to find details about the Scala
classes representing the various SparkSQL DataTypes, for instance
DecimalType. I find DataType classes in org.apache.spark.sql.api.java, but
they don't seem to match the similarly named scala classes. For instance,
DecimalType is documented as having a nullary constructor, but if I try to
construct an instance of org.apache.spark.sql.DecimalType without any
parameters, the compiler complains about the lack of a precisionInfo field,
which I have discovered can be passed in as None. Where is all this stuff
documented?

Alex