spark-dev mailing list archives

From "York, Brennon" <Brennon.Y...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: zinc invocation examples
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 20:05:58 GMT
Patrick, I¹ve nearly completed a basic build out for the SPARK-4501 issue
(at https://github.com/brennonyork/spark/tree/SPARK-4501) and would be
great to get your initial read on it. Per this thread I need to add in the
-scala-home call to zinc, but its close to ready for a PR.

On 12/5/14, 2:10 PM, "Patrick Wendell" <pwendell@gmail.com> wrote:

>One thing I created a JIRA for a while back was to have a similar
>script to "sbt/sbt" that transparently downloads Zinc, Scala, and
>Maven in a subdirectory of Spark and sets it up correctly. I.e.
>"build/mvn".
>
>Outside of brew for MacOS there aren't good Zinc packages, and it's a
>pain to figure out how to set it up.
>
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4501
>
>Prashant Sharma looked at this for a bit but I don't think he's
>working on it actively any more, so if someone wanted to do this, I'd
>be extremely grateful.
>
>- Patrick
>
>On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Ryan Williams
><ryan.blake.williams@gmail.com> wrote:
>> fwiw I've been using `zinc -scala-home $SCALA_HOME -nailed -start`
>>which:
>>
>> - starts a nailgun server as well,
>> - uses my installed scala 2.{10,11}, as opposed to zinc's default 2.9.2
>> <https://github.com/typesafehub/zinc#scala>: "If no options are passed
>> locate a version of Scala then Scala 2.9.2 is used by default (which is
>> bundled with zinc)."
>>
>> The latter seems like it might be especially important.
>>

>> On Thu Dec 04 2014 at 4:25:32 PM Nicholas Chammas <
>> nicholas.chammas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, derp. I just assumed from looking at all the options that there was
>>> something to it. Thanks Sean.

and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.