spark-dev mailing list archives

From Nan Zhu <zhunanmcg...@gmail.com>
Subject missing document of several messages in actor-based receiver?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 02:33:48 GMT
Hi, TD and other streaming developers,

When I look at the implementation of actor-based receiver (ActorReceiver.scala), I found that
there are several messages which are not mentioned in the document

case props: Props =>
val worker = context.actorOf(props)
logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
sender ! worker

case (props: Props, name: String) =>
val worker = context.actorOf(props, name)
logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
sender ! worker

case _: PossiblyHarmful => hiccups.incrementAndGet()

case _: Statistics =>
val workers = context.children
sender ! Statistics(n.get, workers.size, hiccups.get, workers.mkString("\n”))

Is it hided with intention or incomplete document, or I missed something?
And the handler of these messages are “buggy"? e.g. when we start a new worker, we didn’t
increase n (counter of children), and n and hiccups are unnecessarily set to AtomicInteger
?

Best,

--
Nan Zhu