spark-dev mailing list archives

From Nan Zhu <zhunanmcg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: missing document of several messages in actor-based receiver?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 21:14:32 GMT
Hi,

I have created the PR for these two issues

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
http://codingcat.me

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Nan Zhu wrote:

> Thanks, TD,
>
> I just created 2 JIRAs to track these,

> Can you help to me assign these two JIRAs to me, and I’d like to submit the PRs
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Nan Zhu
> http://codingcat.me
>

> On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 4:25 AM, Tathagata Das wrote:
>
> > It was not really mean to be hidden. So its essentially the case of the documentation
being insufficient. This code has not gotten much attention for a while, so it could have
a bugs. If you find any and submit a fix for them, I am happy to take a look!

> > TD
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Nan Zhu <zhunanmcgill@gmail.com (mailto:zhunanmcgill@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > > Hi, TD and other streaming developers,
> > >
> > > When I look at the implementation of actor-based receiver (ActorReceiver.scala),
I found that there are several messages which are not mentioned in the document

> > > case props: Props =>
> > > val worker = context.actorOf(props)
> > > logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
> > > sender ! worker
> > >
> > > case (props: Props, name: String) =>
> > > val worker = context.actorOf(props, name)
> > > logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
> > > sender ! worker
> > >
> > > case _: PossiblyHarmful => hiccups.incrementAndGet()
> > >
> > > case _: Statistics =>
> > > val workers = context.children
> > > sender ! Statistics(n.get, workers.size, hiccups.get, workers.mkString("\n”))
> > >
> > > Is it hided with intention or incomplete document, or I missed something?
> > > And the handler of these messages are “buggy"? e.g. when we start a new worker,
we didn’t increase n (counter of children), and n and hiccups are unnecessarily set to AtomicInteger
?