spark-dev mailing list archives

From Tathagata Das <t...@databricks.com>
Subject Re: missing document of several messages in actor-based receiver?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 09:25:31 GMT
It was not really mean to be hidden. So its essentially the case of the
documentation being insufficient. This code has not gotten much attention
for a while, so it could have a bugs. If you find any and submit a fix for
them, I am happy to take a look!

TD

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Nan Zhu <zhunanmcgill@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi, TD and other streaming developers,
>
> When I look at the implementation of actor-based receiver
> (ActorReceiver.scala), I found that there are several messages which are
> not mentioned in the document
>
> case props: Props =>
>   val worker = context.actorOf(props)
>   logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
>   sender ! worker
>
> case (props: Props, name: String) =>
>   val worker = context.actorOf(props, name)
>   logInfo("Started receiver worker at:" + worker.path)
>   sender ! worker
>
> case _: PossiblyHarmful => hiccups.incrementAndGet()
>
> case _: Statistics =>
>   val workers = context.children
>   sender ! Statistics(n.get, workers.size, hiccups.get, workers.mkString("\n*”*))
>

> Is it hided with intention or incomplete document, or I missed something?
>
> And the handler of these messages are “buggy"? e.g. when we start a new worker, we
didn’t increase n (counter of children), and n and hiccups are unnecessarily set to AtomicInteger
?