spark-dev mailing list archives

From "David J. Manglano" <david.mangl...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC 2015
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 03:53:58 GMT
Hi Spark devs!

I'm writing regarding your GSoC 2015 project idea. I'm a graduate student
with experience in Python and discrete mathematics. I'm interested in
machine learning, and understand some of its basic concepts.

I was wondering if someone might be able to elaborate upon the goals for
Spark with GSoC (it is my understanding that Manoj Kumar is the mentor),
though I may be incorrect. I have been reading the Spark codebase on GitHub
and think I may be able to help develop Spark's Python API.

To get involved, what next steps should I take?

Thanks!

David J. Manglano
Masters Program in Computer Science
University of Chicago