spark-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Balog <doug.spark...@dugos.com>
Subject Re: Support for Hive 0.14 in secure mode on hadoop 2.6.0
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 19:57:49 GMT
Is there a JIRA for this adaption layer ? It sounds like a better long term solution.

If anybody knows what is require to get the current Shim layer working with Hive 0.14, please
post what you know.
I’m willing to spend some time on it, but I’m still learning how things fit together and
it might take me a while.
I’ve been looking at the pr associated with SPARK-5111 for hints.

Thanks,

Doug

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 6:13 AM, Cheng Lian <lian.cs.zju@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We're planning to replace the current Hive version profiles and shim layer with an adaption
layer in Spark SQL in 1.4. This adaption layer allows Spark SQL to connect to arbitrary Hive
version greater than or equal to 0.12.0 (or maybe 0.13.1, not decided yet).

> However, it's not a promise yet, since this requires major refactoring of the current
Spark SQL Hive support.