spark-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Chen <d...@ocirs.com>
Subject How is hive-site.xml loaded?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2015 05:41:41 GMT
The docs state that:
Configuration of Hive is done by placing your `hive-site.xml` file in
`conf/`.

I've searched the codebase for hive-site.xml and didn't find code that
specifically loaded it anywhere so it looks like there is some magic to
autoload *.xml files in /conf? I've skimmed through HiveContext
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveContext.scala>
and didn't see anything obvious in there.

The reason I'm asking is that I am working on a feature that needs config
in hbase-site.xml to be available in the spark context and would prefer to
follow the convention set by hive-site.xml.

--
Dean Chen