spark-dev mailing list archives

From Haseeb <11besemja...@seecs.edu.pk>
Subject What are 'Buckets' referred in Spark Core code
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 20:55:52 GMT
Hi all ,
I am neebie trying to understand spark internals. There some entity referred
to as 'buckets' at many places in Spark Core code but I am having a hard
time what it is as it is just mentioned in code comments but I didn't come
across any data structure that reffered to it or any class for that matter.
I'd be really grateful if someone could shed some light on what exactly
buckets are and what is their functionally with respect to Spark internals.