This is now done with this pull request: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/8091

Committers please update the script to get this "feature".

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 12:28 AM, Manoj Kumar <manojkumarsivaraj334@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

Sounds like a great idea.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Sandy Ryza <sandy.ryza@cloudera.com> wrote:
+1

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Mridul Muralidharan <mridul@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for detailing, definitely sounds better.
+1

Regards
Mridul

On Saturday, July 18, 2015, Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com> wrote:
A single commit message consisting of:

1. Pull request title (which includes JIRA number and component, e.g. [SPARK-1234][MLlib])

2. Pull request description

3. List of authors contributing to the patch

The main thing that changes is 3: we used to also include the individual commits to the pull request branch that are squashed.