spark-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wendell <pwend...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scala 2.11 builds broken/ Can the PR build run also 2.11?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 20:34:23 GMT
I would push back slightly. The reason we have the PR builds taking so long
is death by a million small things that we add. Doing a full 2.11 compile
is order minutes... it's a nontrivial increase to the build times.

It doesn't seem that bad to me to go back post-hoc once in a while and fix
2.11 bugs when they come up. It's on the order of once or twice per release
and the typesafe guys keep a close eye on it (thanks!). Compare that to
literally thousands of PR runs and a few minutes every time, IMO it's not
worth it.