spark-dev mailing list archives

From Holden Karau <hol...@pigscanfly.ca>
Subject Adding Spark Testing functionality
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 22:12:00 GMT
Hi Spark Devs,

So this has been brought up a few times before, and generally on the user
list people get directed to use spark-testing-base. I'd like to start
moving some of spark-testing-base's functionality into Spark so that people
don't need a library to do what is (hopefully :p) a very common requirement
across all Spark projects.

To that end I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on where this should
live inside of Spark. I was thinking it could either be a separate testing
project (like sql or similar), or just put the bits to enable testing
inside of each relevant project.

I was also thinking it probably makes sense to only move the unit testing
parts at the start and leave things like integration testing in a testing
project since that could vary depending on the users environment.

What are peoples thoughts?

Cheers,

Holden :)