spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: RFC: removing Scala 2.10
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 10:14:43 GMT
(2.10 was already deprecated for 2.1, so that's done actually.)

Personally I'm fine with leaving in 2.10 support for 2.2. (FWIW CDH is
Scala 2.11-only for Spark 2.) If there were no voices in support of keeping
it, might be worth moving on right now, but if there's any substantive
argument against, I'd also punt it another release.

It's not really driven by cleanup, though that's nice, but 2.12 support. I
don't think 2.10 and 2.12 support can coexist, and soon, 2.12 support will
be important.

How about tagging this for 2.3.0, as well as targeting 2.12 support for
2.3.0?