spark-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.4.0 (RC2)
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 17:12:51 GMT
Go ahead and file a JIRA to update to 2.12.7 with these details. We'll
assess whether it is a blocker.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 12:09 PM Darcy Shen <sadhen@zoho.com> wrote:

> I agree it is a non-important Spark bug. I mean the Option and String comparison. The
bug is easy to fix and obvious to confirm. If the desc of PR may not be accurate,feel free
to edit the title or content. I am on a vocation from 9.29   :)

> But the scala bug of WrappedArray is severe. We should not provide a pre-built spark
packages with Scala 2.12.6 . The bug is not about compiler. But about scala-library.

> If the prebuilt packages of Spark use scala-library 2.12.6 , the bug exists whatever
scala version our application developer use.

> For Spark we should be serious about the minor Scala version. A preferred Scala minor
version should be officially stated.