spark-dev mailing list archives

From Stavros Kontopoulos <stavros.kontopou...@lightbend.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] SPARK 2.4.0 (RC1)
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 21:35:09 GMT
Hi Xiao,

I just tested it, it seems ok. There are some questions about which
properties we should keep when restoring the config. Otherwise it looks ok
to me.
The reason this should go in 2.4 is that streaming on k8s is something
people want to try day one (or at least it is cool to try) and since 2.4
comes with k8s support being refactored a lot,
it would be disappointing not to have it in...IMHO.

Best,
Stavros

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Yinan Li <liyinan926@gmail.com> wrote:

> We can merge the PR and get SPARK-23200 resolved if the whole point is to
> make streaming on k8s work first. But given that this is not a blocker for
> 2.4, I think we can take a bit more time here and get it right. With that
> being said, I would expect it to be resolved soon.
>
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:47 AM Xiao Li <gatorsmile@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Erik and Stavros,
>>
>> This bug fix SPARK-23200 is not a blocker of the 2.4 release. It sounds
>> important for the Streaming on K8S. Could the K8S oriented committers speed
>> up the reviews?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Xiao
>>
>> Erik Erlandson <eerlands@redhat.com> 于2018年9月17日周一 上午11:04写道:
>>

>>> I have no binding vote but I second Stavros’ recommendation for
>>> spark-23200
>>>
>>> Per parallel threads on Py2 support I would also like to propose
>>> deprecating Py2 starting with this 2.4 release

I'll

Apache