I just follow the comment Wehnchen Fan (of course it is not merged yet, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of the dev list)

"We should definitely merge it to branch 2.4, but I won't block the release since it's not that critical and it's still in progress. After it's merged, feel free to vote -1 on the RC voting email to include this change, if necessary."

So if the vote is not valid, we can ignore it. But this should have been in, before 2.4 was cut IMHO, anyway.

Stavros