It would be great to get more features out incrementally. For experimental features, do we have more relaxed constraints?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 9:47 AM Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com> wrote:
+1 on 3.0

Dsv2 stable can still evolve in across major releases. DataFrame, Dataset, dsv1 and a lot of other major features all were developed throughout the 1.x and 2.x lines.

I do want to explore ways for us to get dsv2 incremental changes out there more frequently, to get feedback. Maybe that means we apply additive changes to 2.4.x; maybe that means making another 2.5 release sooner. I will start a separate thread about it.