spark-dev mailing list archives

From Gengliang Wang <ltn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataSourceV2 hangouts sync
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:23:08 GMT
+1

> On Oct 26, 2018, at 8:45 AM, Hyukjin Kwon <gurwls223@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I didn't know I live in the same timezone with you Wenchen :D.
> Monday or Wednesday at 5PM PDT sounds good to me too FWIW.
>
> 2018년 10월 26일 (금) 오전 8:29, Ryan Blue <rblue@netflix.com.invalid>님이
작성:
> Good point. How about Monday or Wednesday at 5PM PDT then?
>
> Everyone, please reply to me (no need to spam the list) with which option works for you
and I'll send an invite for the one with the most votes.

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 5:14 PM Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com <mailto:cloud0fan@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Friday at the bay area is Saturday at my side, it will be great if we can pick a day
from Monday to Thursday.

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 8:08 AM Ryan Blue <rblue@netflix.com <mailto:rblue@netflix.com>>
wrote:
> Since not many people have replied with a time window, how about we aim for 5PM PDT?
That should work for Wenchen and most people here in the bay area.

> If that makes it so some people can't attend, we can do the next one earlier for people
in Europe.

> If we go with 5PM PDT, then what day works best for everyone?
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 5:01 PM Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com <mailto:cloud0fan@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Big +1 on this!
>
> I live in UTC+8 and I'm available from 8 am, which is 5 pm in the bay area. Hopefully
we can coordinate a time that fits everyone.

> Thanks
> Wenchen
>

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:21 AM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com <mailto:dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> +1. Thank you for volunteering, Ryan!
>
> Bests,
> Dongjoon.
>

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:19 PM Xiao Li <gatorsmile@gmail.com <mailto:gatorsmile@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> +1
>
> Reynold Xin <rxin@databricks.com <mailto:rxin@databricks.com>> 于2018年10月25日周四
下午4:16写道:
> +1
>

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:12 PM Li Jin <ice.xelloss@gmail.com <mailto:ice.xelloss@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Although I am not specifically involved in DSv2, I think having this kind of meeting
is definitely helpful to discuss, move certain effort forward and keep people on the same
page. Glad to see this kind of working group happening.

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 5:58 PM John Zhuge <jzhuge@apache.org <mailto:jzhuge@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Great idea!
>
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM Ryan Blue <rblue@netflix.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> There's been some great discussion for DataSourceV2 in the last few months, but it has
been difficult to resolve some of the discussions and I don't think that we have a very clear
roadmap for getting the work done.

> To coordinate better as a community, I'd like to start a regular sync-up over google
hangouts. We use this in the Parquet community to have more effective community discussions
about thorny technical issues and to get aligned on an overall roadmap. It is really helpful
in that community and I think it would help us get DSv2 done more quickly.

> Here's how it works: people join the hangout, we go around the list to gather topics,
have about an hour-long discussion, and then send a summary of the discussion to the dev list
for anyone that couldn't participate. That way we can move topics along, but we keep the broader
community in the loop as well for further discussion on the mailing list.

> I'll volunteer to set up the sync and send invites to anyone that wants to attend. If
you're interested, please reply with the email address you'd like to put on the invite list
(if there's a way to do this without specific invites, let me know). Also for the first sync,
please note what times would work for you so we can try to account for people in different
time zones.

> For the first one, I was thinking some day next week (time TBD by those interested) and
starting off with a general roadmap discussion before diving into specific technical topics.